Thursday 30 June 2011

The Story of the Sacred Heart of Jesus




God made us just to love us.
He wants us to love Him back.
He knows that loving Him is the only way we can be truly happy.
For thousands of years people who became close friends of God
have been telling us that God's heart is full of love for us.
A heart means love.


God loved us so much that He came to earth to be born as Jesus.
When He was here, the Heart of Jesus burned with love for all people.  It still does.
To show His great love, artists paint His heart all on fire 

Jesus came to show that God loves even those people who don't care about Him.
Jesus was willing to suffer and die on a cross to show God's love for all.
Remembering this, artists draw a cross above His burning Heart.


When Jesus was hanging on the cross, a soldier pierced his side with a lance.
Blood and water gushed out, showing us again how much He loved us.
Artists place the wound from the lance in the Heart of Jesus. 

People who hated Jesus put a crown of thorns on his head, hurting him.
Today people hurt Jesus when they ignore God's love or hate God.
Artists show that hurt by placing a crown of thorns around His Heart.

Jesus, I  love You!  I thank you for loving me. I adore Your Sacred Heart.
Fill my heart with more love for You every day.
Let me be like You, loving and gentle to others at all times.
Help me to pray every day for those who do not know You or love You.
I offer You all I do--my prayers, my words, my actions, and my whole self.
Sacred Heart of Jesus! I give myself to You today and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may use the "Anonymous" option to leave a comment if you do not possess a Google Account. But please leave your name and URL as www.errolsj.com